学好英语参与垃圾分类热门话题讨论
Allen:Hey, Chris! 我最近开了个直播间 粉丝量唰唰的涨
Chris:你直播什么呢
Allen:近期上海实行了《生活垃圾管理条例》
我这是趁热打铁开直播 教垃圾分类 趁热打铁 in English
Chris:Strike while the iron is hot.
趁热打铁
Allen:I like this translation! 够直接 The second way.
我喜欢这个翻译 第二种表达
Chris:Make hay while the sun shines.
趁热打铁
Allen:Make... hay 是什么
Chris:Hay, h-a-y, hay.
干草 h-a-y
Uh, if you have a farm, you have animals, you need to feed them.
如果你有一个农场 养了很多动物 你需要给它们喂食
So, you need to make hay. Make it when the sun is shining
所以 你就需要晾晒干草 在阳光充足的时候晾晒干草
Allen:Oh, dry grass. The final one.
哦 干草 最后一个表达
Chris:Sail when the wind is fair.
趁热打铁
Allen:Sail?
Chris:Sail, do you have a boat?
航海 你有船吗
Allen:Yeah!
有呀
Chris:Yeah? OK. Do... do you...
有 好的
Allen:Sailing.
航海
Chris:OK! If... if you have a boat,
好的 如果你有一艘船
you should go sailing when the wind is good, when the wind is fair.
你就应该在风平浪静的时候出海
Allen:Oh! I like that. When the wind is fair, not fire!
哦 我喜欢这个表达 风平浪静时